Because I came to Japan, it is “Sento (bath)” that I want you to experience as a precious culture one that Japanese people love!
Of course, it is nice to have a taste, but also the old-fashioned “Sento”, but please also go to the “Super Sento (large public bath)” with a little amusement sense!
There is also a large number of large-sized stores as “Super Sento”, which can also eat meals and there is a stall “Roten Buro” (outdoor bath under blue sky)
Let me introduce you how to enjoy such Japanese baths and how to enjoy them, attention points.
１．Manners· Points to remember
· Wearing swimsuit is prohibited.
· Unfortunately, many people with tattoos can not take a bath.
(It is ok if you hide it with a large bandage platter, hide it with a supporter, and recently it is okay for a tattooed bath as well.)
· Before entering the bathtub, let’s sweat the body in the washroom.
· Try not to put a towel in the bathtub.
· Even if the temperature of hot water is high, filling with water etc. will result in violation of manners.
· When washing your body, be careful that hot water does not scatter around you.
· You can not swim in the tub.
· When you return to the dressing room, let’s wipe the wet body.
２． How to enjoy a bath!
· Relax in the bathtub anyway!
· In the super public bath, you can enjoy meals and massages as well!
· In the super public bath, there are baths of various concepts and a bath of temperature so let’s enjoy all the baths!
３． Tattoo Hidden Recommendation
Unfortunately, in Japan there are irrational prejudices against the tattoo, and something unnecessarily visible may be disliked.
In Japan, the fact that the tattoo has been related to sinners and gangsters in history seems to have led to prejudice now.
However, recently tattoos have been recognized as one of self-expression methods, one of fashionable, mainly by young people.
So, I will show you how to hide tattoos in a bath.
３－１．Hide with foundation tape
· Just paste it like a seal OK.
· There is also water resistance, it is safe to take a bath.
· Dark tattoos may be transparent.
· Large tattoos can not be hidden.
３－２．Hide with taping
· Maximum cost performance.
· Just roll it up.
· It is difficult to hide except the arm and ankle.
· There is a possibility that a burden is applied to the skin.
３－３．Hide with supporters
· Simple and hide wide area.
· Steam sweat (no problem if used in the bath)
In any case, there is no need to strictly conceal it, so I think that it is important to try to conceal it.
４． ︎ Tattoo OK information on the bath around Osaka